Thursday, September 6, 2012

Finally Getting Around to Exploring


July 20, 2012

So, I recently realized that I’ve been so caught up in my Catalan classes that I haven’t even had the chance to visit Barcelona since my arrival.  So, today is the day!!! 

On my agenda for the day: 

The Park Putget (it’s right in front of my house and I should be ashamed for not having taken the time to visit it yet).

The Park Guell (also only about a 10 minute walk from my house; again, I should be flogged for having waited so long to visit it again).


THE PARK PUTGET:

Well, after climbing up a mountain of what seemed like never-ending winding and curving paths, I finally reached the top of the park above my new home.  It is absolutely AMAZING!!!!  You can see the entire city (the Park Guell, the Sagrada Familia, the Torre Agbar, and best of all, the sea =) ).




I can’t believe that this gem was right in front of me the entire time and I failed to visit it.  This will definitely be my new hang out spot.  It will be perfect for taking notes and relaxing after a hard day of classes in the fall.


THE PARK GUELL:

Otherwise known as the Gaudi Park, it’s an amazing display of mosaic lined benches ceilings, and best of all, the wall of mosaic creatures (most famous is the salamander).  Although it’s only a 10 minute walk from my house, I had to climb up the stairs of death (there is usually an escalator, but of course, it was broken today when I decided to go visit) and felt like I had run a marathon when I finally reached the top.  This is one of the most amazing parks I’ve ever seen.  I can’t wait to come back at sunset one day…I bet it’s absolutely gorgeous.







No comments:

Post a Comment