Thursday, September 6, 2012

Scotland, Here I Come


August 14, 2012

Tomorrow, I head out for Scotland.  Why Scotland, you might ask?  Well, the reason is simple:  In order to enroll in Catalan classes for the summer, I had to study on my passport alone.  As the Catalan classes are offered through the government and not through ESADE (my grad school), they were not eligible to be covered under the duration of my visa.  Ergo, I was issued a student visa which begins on August 15th.  This means that I must leave the Schengen region of Europe (the UK and Ireland are not part of this region) and re-enter after the 15th of August on my Spanish student visa (instead of on my passport as a tourist – as I have been for the past month or so).

After searching for flights, I found a reasonable flight to Glasgow and away I go.  See you when I get back =)

1 comment:

  1. amazing rules for students, hope the Catalan classes went well.

    ReplyDelete